Sarah's blog experiment

I am using this blog as an experiment to document my experiences in the information-for-development area. It provides an informal record of my personal thoughts and opinions. The 'cast of characters' also occasionally includes: my daughter Leah, my son Sacha, and my partner, Edward.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Blogs: weapons of crass discussion?



Can't resist quickly sharing this article Corporate blogs: weapons of crass discussion? by Paul Chin as I'm always looking for evidence of the institutional value of blogs - probably because I'm not totally convinced of this myself. Chin argues:

As blogs matured, however, organizations of all sizes saw the advantages in using them for marketing and branding purposes. But do they have any practical internal application on corporate intranets? The answer is yes -- but they have to be used properly and responsibly.


I'm indebted to Giulio Quaggiotto for alerting me to this article as part of a post to the KM4Dev online community - as usual, a source of interest and inspiration!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home