Sarah's blog experiment

I am using this blog as an experiment to document my experiences in the information-for-development area. It provides an informal record of my personal thoughts and opinions. The 'cast of characters' also occasionally includes: my daughter Leah, my son Sacha, and my partner, Edward.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Congratulations Julie and Mark!


Although Enrique Mendizabal (see previous post on 24 March) argues that blogs will change development, I think they are already changing the way people exchange news with each other. The first intimation of the arrival of Julie's new baby was a message on her blog: 'We may have some news for you sometime soon', followed by an entry a few days later informing the world - and friends and family - that baby Emile was born on 6 April.

I think the message 'We may have news for you sometime soon' must have caused an enormous amount of anxiety among those waiting for news. I did try to check Julie and Mark's blog frequently in the day following the 'sometime soon' message but then got caught up in preparations for Sacha's feestje (children's party) which was extremely stressful this year - and this is an understatement!

Well, many congratulations Julie and Mark on the birth of your gorgeous baby, and let me echo Camilo by saying that I wouldn't be at all surprised if his first words aren't 'knowledge sharing'!

1 Comments:

Blogger juulferg said...

Thanks Sarah! I like the philosophical interpretation of our blog usage. And yes, it was indeed quite fun keeping people in suspense like that, ha ha - it drove my sister nuts! ;)

Nice to read your diverse and interesting blog updates - keeps me just enough up to date on what's going on out there in the 'normal' world...

=) julie & co

7:19 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home