Sarah's blog experiment

I am using this blog as an experiment to document my experiences in the information-for-development area. It provides an informal record of my personal thoughts and opinions. The 'cast of characters' also occasionally includes: my daughter Leah, my son Sacha, and my partner, Edward.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Who are you....?

My colleagues and I have had such fun this week doing the Myers Briggs personality test. Myers Briggs is a model of personality that identifies your personality preferences. Based on a natural inclination or preference for certain ways of thinking and behaving, the model considers the following:

Where, primarily, do you prefer to direct your energy?
How do you prefer to process information?
How do you prefer to make decisions?
How do you prefer to organise your life?

Based on this typology, Myers Briggs model divides personalities into 16 different types. According to the test, I am a fairly extreme form of INFP. Although there are positive aspects to this personality type (believe me, there are!), I really recognized two of this personality type's negative aspects:

  • being stubborn over issues the group did not anticipate being a problem
  • avoiding conflict and not giving forthright criticism when it is needed

Funnily enough, I had written most of my characteristics down to the fact that I am English. I certainly didn't realise that my intense dislike of conflict came from my personality. When I was explaining this to Lisette - we had lunch last week - she laughed like a drain so I think it touched a chord somewhere...

1 Comments:

Blogger Joitske said...

Thanks for this, I started tracking online personality tests, for a course we are planning in September!

12:31 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home