Sarah's blog experiment

I am using this blog as an experiment to document my experiences in the information-for-development area. It provides an informal record of my personal thoughts and opinions. The 'cast of characters' also occasionally includes: my daughter Leah, my son Sacha, and my partner, Edward.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Evaluation of Dgroups

I've just been reading the evaluation of Dgroups in Latin America, undertaken by Rosa Cheng Lo and Margarita Salas of Fundacion Acceso in 2004. The evaluation (they call it 'characterization') yielded very interesting results in terms of geographical coverage, thematic coverage, languages and purposes of Dgroups. I'm really impressed by the evaluation - and the data collection methodology they used. The evaluation report is available on the Bellanet website.

The number of Dgroups and the number of members has risen dramatically in the period from February 2004 to the present: 528 groups compared to 1588 today (increased by almost 3 times) and from 9897 members then to 49926 now (increase of approx. 5 times).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, It keeps on growing still, now is around 1,800 groups and over 58,000 members

6:28 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home