Sarah's blog experiment

I am using this blog as an experiment to document my experiences in the information-for-development area. It provides an informal record of my personal thoughts and opinions. The 'cast of characters' also occasionally includes: my daughter Leah, my son Sacha, and my partner, Edward.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Information management in NGOs

Tomorrow I'm attending the 'Information lounge' at ISS, The Hague, so this seemed like a good time to look at this again. Written by Michael Schueber of the IDPM, University of Manchester, this research paper considers the strategic role of information management (IM) in Northern Development NGOs. It considers IM strategy formation from a theoretical perspective through the study of three relevant bodies of theory (IM, NGO management, strategy formation), and from an empirical perspective by exploring the reality of IM strategy formation in the Swiss NGO Helvetas. Particularly liked the nice diagrams on the relationship between IM, ICTs and knowledge management.
http://www.sed.manchester.ac.uk/idpm/publications/wp/di/di_wp14.pdf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home